JOB TITLE: Press Brake Operator (NIGHTS 4on/4off shift pattern) REPORTING TO: Production Manger
Summary of Position:
The primary responsibility is to operate Bystronic CNC Press Brakes. The Press Brake Operator must be able to work under
their own initiative in a fast paced and physically demanding environment. Previous experience is essential (2+years).
The Operator will also be expected to ensure parts are formed to the correct standard and quality, the correct quantity,
decant and stack parts ready for the next process. The successful candidate may be required to work in other departments
within the business should the need arise. Experience of setting and operating a radial arm drill to perform machining
operations as well as welding ability would be advantageous.
Key qualities/Daily tasks
• Safely operate press brake machines
• Ensure quality parts are produced
• Inspect own work using hand held measuring equipment
• Prepare parts for the next stage of the process
• Ensure correct quantity has been formed
• Review the drawing to ensure parts are in line with drawing specifications
• Accurate completion of any associated paperwork
• Identify issues and inform the Shift Supervisor/Production Manager
• Adhere to company HSE requirements
• Adhere to 5s principles and expectations
• Ensure working area is kept clean and tidy.
Required skills and competencies
• Communication skills
• Time management
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Forward thinking mentality and the ability to improve process and procedures.
• Employee-owned business (E.O.T.)
• 20 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
• Company pension scheme
• Life insurance.
Working hours – 06:00 to 18:00 4on/4off rota basis
Salary band – £30k.