Summary of Position:
The primary responsibility is to operate Bystronic fibre lasers and BLM tube lasers. The laser operator must be able to work under their own initiative in a fast paced and physically demanding environment. Previous experience is essential (2+years).
The Operator will also be expected to ensure parts are cut to the correct standard and quality, the correct quantity, decant and prepare for the next stage of the process. The successful candidate may be required to work in other departments within the business should the need arise. Experience of setting and operating a press brake and doing basic assembly work would be advantageous.
Key qualities/Daily tasks
· Safely operate laser machines
· Ensure quality parts are produced
· Decant and prepare parts for the next stage of the process
· Ensure correct quantity has been cut
· Review the drawing to ensure parts are in line with drawing specifications
· Accurate completion of any associated paperwork
· Identify issues and inform the Shift Supervisor/Production Manager
· Adhere to company HSE requirements
· Adhere to 5s principles and expectations
· Ensure working area is kept clean and tidy.
Required skills and competencies
· Communication skills
· Time management
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Forward thinking mentality and the ability to improve process and procedures.
- Employee-owned business (E.O.T.)
- 20 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Life insurance.
Working hours – 06:00 to 18:00 4on/4off rota basis
Salary band – £27.5k.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From £27,500.00 per year
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
Supplemental pay types:
- Laser operation: 1 year (preferred)
Reference ID: LASOP